[coreboot] coreboot convention, june 13-16, san francisco

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 20:07:01 CEST 2016

This is a reminder about some details of  the upcoming coreboot convention.

Early registration ends May 15, and registration costs will be higher past
that date.

We've been working hard to find a block of hotel rooms but at the moment
the best bet is to find and book your own; I've found about 50 choices in
booking.com that are around $200/night and not far from Google SF. There is
also a youth hostel for super low costs.

As you can see from https://goo.gl/WF9al6 we've filled half the talk slots
already, with a few pending that are not listed yet. We'd love to see more
talks, so please let me know as soon as you can if you're going to talk.

The Tuesday and Wednesday evening events are set up. The Tuesday event at
the Long Now (http://longnow.org/) is going to be fun. They've agreed to
bring out some neat things for us to see -- did you ever see a full-bit
mechanical adder designed to work until the year 10,000? Or a chime set 20
feet long that won't repeat its ring for 10000 years? Well, now you can!

The Wednesday dinner promises to be really nice too.

If you need special hardware let us know. If you want to ship anything
ahead of time let us know about that too.

Thanks, this is going to be great.

Ron, Stefan, Martin