[coreboot] coreboot binary policy

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 17:03:53 CET 2015

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 9:44 AM Alex G. <mr.nuke.me at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/29/2015 09:48 AM, Marc Jones wrote:
> > Hello coreboot,
>
> Hi Marc
>
> > Please limit comments to specific items in this version. If you have
> > additions for the next version (if needed), the draft document is open
> > for comment.
> >

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wMdDUAZR2Z9V7hcs3IhIOqw6sYQxb3vPEmbITTCrOwU/edit?usp=sharing
>
> That looks pretty good. I think you've done a great job of clarifying
> the requirements of ISA vs non-ISA blobs compared to the last version.
> I've made some comments on it to ask for clarification about the
> versioning requirements.
>
> While not necessarily specific to this version, are we still considering
> forbidding "no-reverse engineering" and "no-modification" clauses for
> blobs?

Thanks, I think it is all open for discussion and could go in the next
version. It might be a good idea, but that might be too limiting and we
would have to remove all blobs and they would be hosted somewhere else,
which defeates the utility of the blobs dir. We would like intel to push to
blobs/ but I think that would be a huge blocker for them.

Marc

--
http://marcjonesconsulting.com