[coreboot] SPD binaries in coreboot

Patrick Georgi pgeorgi at google.com
Fri Oct 23 18:38:19 CEST 2015

>  It would be really handy to have a tool that would read in a binary
> SPD, and allow you to edit the JEDEC values.  It should understand all
> of the different JEDEC SPD specs.  The easiest way would be to
> interpret the binary SPD and output all the fields to a text file
> where they can then be edited.  Then it could read the text file and
> generate a new SPD.
>
> At that point, it doesn't much matter what language it's written in -
> it's not in the critical build path.
Sounds good to me.

I wonder if a daring soul (with java experience) could extend the
gerrit diff viewer, too ;-)

> Or we could store both binary and text and just use the binary at
> build time.  This allows for ease of review and ease of use.
That's quickly misleading because people look at one file while the
code uses another.

Patrick
--
Google Germany GmbH, ABC-Str. 19, 20354 Hamburg
Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg