[coreboot] GPL license headers

Alex G. mr.nuke.me at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 11:00:42 CEST 2015

On 10/21/2015 12:11 AM, Patrick Georgi wrote:
> One issue brought up the last time we had this discussion was that
> lawyers prefer to have their tools (eg. license scanners) continue to
> work, which is why we shouldn't reduce the length too much

Do those tools do the following?
 if (contains(file->pathname, "linux")) {
 	file->license = "GPLv2";
	break;
 }

I ask because I've seen a lot of two-, or even one-liners in the linux
tree. uboot is even crazier, with one-liners and a three-letter
designation for the license.

'licensecheck' correctly identifies and versions GPL with just the first
paragraph.

> (we had a number of proposals with just two lines back then).

I might be partially guilty for that.

Alex