[coreboot] Long license headers (ANGER WARNING)

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 18:33:37 CET 2015

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 12:06 AM Paul Menzel <
paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Am Dienstag, den 03.03.2015, 00:06 -0600 schrieb Alexandru Gagniuc:
>

> In the past Ron also disagreed on changing headers by Samsung – taken
> from U-Boot I think – saying their lawyers drafted those and therefore
> it should stay that way.

That's right, you don't get to change other people's headers, especially
when the headers are created by company lawyers. They get picky that way.

> Maybe a vote like in *Unifying IO accessor macros* [2] should be done.

That's not how license headers work. You don't vote to change things that a
company requires in code it releases. That's too bad, but that's how it is.

ron