[coreboot] Long license headers (ANGER WARNING)

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 3 09:05:11 CET 2015

Am Dienstag, den 03.03.2015, 00:06 -0600 schrieb Alexandru Gagniuc:

[…]

> And once that's settled, we can start migrating all files to concise notices,
> while keeping the exact same information we had before.

Unfortunately this never happened despite the fact it was “decided” on
in the past leading to the current inconsistencies in the tree.

The question is also, what happens during the upstreaming effort from
the Chromium OS commits? It looks like, for example, NVIDIA has its own
license headers.

In the past Ron also disagreed on changing headers by Samsung – taken
from U-Boot I think – saying their lawyers drafted those and therefore
it should stay that way.

Maybe a vote like in *Unifying IO accessor macros* [2] should be done.

[…]

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://review.coreboot.org/#/c/8488/10/src/cpu/amd/model_10xxx/ram_calc.h