[coreboot] T400 screen issue / EDID handling

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 3 23:19:46 CEST 2015

Dear Kroms,

Am Freitag, den 03.07.2015, 16:27 +0200 schrieb kroms at posteo.be:

> I allready contacted Francis from libreboot and he forwared me to
> this list, because it seems to be an issue regarding coreboot.

welcome and thank you for writing a message to the mailing list.

> I have flashed a Lenovo T400 with libreboot.
>
> The T400 has an Intel GPU and I am able to use it with an external
> display connected to the onboard vga-port.
>
> The issue is, that I can't use the internal display, which is an
> 1440x900 Samusung LTN141WD-L05, EDID dump:
>
> https://paste.debian.net/plainh/b3699c60

Please attach such information in the future instead of pasting it.

> It seems like the internal screen is powered on while booting but it
> stays black.
>
> Francis assumes that this is due to bugs in how coreboot handles the
> EDID.
>
> Here is an EDID dump of a working display:
>
> http://paste.debian.net/plainh/776705d5

Ditto.

> Anyone is able to help?

Please send us your configuration (.config of coreboot and the payload)
and the log files from coreboot (cbmem -c), the payload and Linux.
That’s one of the advantages of using coreboot, that you have logs.
Please also provide the output of `build/cbfstool build/coreboot.rom
print`.

Thanks,

Paul