[coreboot] updating coreboot && SeaBIOS on an Acer C720

Idwer Vollering vidwer at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 23:14:10 CET 2015

?

> El día Sunday, February 08, 2015 a las 02:40:45PM -0600, Alex G. escribió:
>
>> Suspect number one is the device overheating. The shutdown is
>> triggered by the EC. I don't know how you can enable ACPI debug output
>> on BSD though. On linux, it would be "echo 1 >
>> /sys/module/acpi/parameters/aml_debug_output", so whatever the FreeBSD
>> equivalent of that is.

hw.acpi.verbose=1 would be a start.

> Thanks for your feedback. But this is not a thermal issue. I'm monitoring
> the core temps and they are always between 45-50 centi degrees. And, I'm
> more an ASCII user, i.e. writing and reading mails, and not using the
> C720 to view streams of pictures.

What's the value of debug.acpi.acpi_ca_version?

I'd boot with verbose set to 'on', so that the default values from
these tunables have changed: debug.boothowto=2048 /
debug.bootverbose=1
Also you probaby need to increase kern.msgbufsize to be able to view every line.