[coreboot] coreboot code of conduct

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Feb 3 17:11:22 CET 2015

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> this is the first time a part of the community has decided how
> other parts of the community should behave

That's not really the case here. The code of conduct applies to
everyone in the community, not just "other parts of the community".

> and threatened draconian sanctions for any deviating behaviour.

Are you more concerned about how the code of conduct has been brought
onto the agenda, or about the subject matter? It's hard to tell. :\

> > A CoC with no editorial oversight at all is probably worse than no CoC.
>
> A CoC with no community backing is probably worse than no CoC.

I do not think that is true.

And you can't claim to speak for the whole community.

> Marc wrote in his initial post: "Feel free to give feedback on the
> policy". I sincerely hope that the CoC will only be in effect after
> the feedback has been incorporated.

Maybe the code of conduct was always in effect, just not formalized?

//Peter