[coreboot] coreboot code of conduct

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Feb 3 11:38:10 CET 2015

On 02.02.2015 12:09, Patrick Georgi wrote:
> Am 2015-02-01 13:30, schrieb Carl-Daniel Hailfinger:
>> It seems patches are being ignored or getting lost.
> It's not exactly news that people are busy. And "patches" on the list
> are ignored since 2011.

Yes, but this is the first time a part of the community has decided how
other parts of the community should behave and threatened draconian
sanctions for any deviating behaviour.

>> There are two possible solutions: Removing the lock on the wiki page or
> A CoC with no editorial oversight at all is probably worse than no CoC.

A CoC with no community backing is probably worse than no CoC.

Marc wrote in his initial post: "Feel free to give feedback on the
policy". I sincerely hope that the CoC will only be in effect after the
feedback has been incorporated.
The current development guidelines didn't appear overnight, but were
refined over time without a lockdown on the wiki. Besides that, the
development guidelines don't mention any sanctions and are thus less
aggressive.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel