[coreboot] Beginner Working on Asus Q87T

Tim Vrakas tim.vrakas at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 18:55:50 CEST 2015

Hello! This is my first time doing anything with coreboot, so please
forgive my newbie mistakes.

I am working to add support for my motherboard (Asus Q87T) to coreboot.
Here are the basic specs:

-Haswell CPU (Supported)
-Intel Q87 (C220) PCH (Supported)
-NUVOTON NCT5538D Super-IO (NOT Supported)

I had to send the board back for a warranty replacement (not coreboot
related), so I have not done any dumps from software. I was not able to get
access to a datasheet for the Super-IO.

How should I proceed? Does anyone have any information about this chip (or
a similar one)? Can I get basic functionality without the Super-IO? Can I
reverse-engineer support for it?

Thanks for the help!