[coreboot] License headers

Matt Taggart matt at lackof.org
Thu Apr 2 20:25:18 CEST 2015

Patrick Georgi via coreboot writes:

> http://review.coreboot.org/#/c/9233/ is my work in progress towards
> that goal. It's not complete yet, and I'd love to have some automated
> verification in our 'lint' tool set to make sure that no FSF addresses
> creep in once we exorcised them.

I asked the FOSSology.org people (cc'd) if they could scan current git on
the public FOSSology server hosted by University of Nebraska at Omaha. The
results are here

  https://fossology.ist.unomaha.edu/?mod=browse&upload=284

specifically click on "License Browser" or "Copyright/Email/URL" (you will
need javascript turned on for the site)

I have asked if there is a way to explicitly search for the FSF addresses,
that is a very common problem and would be good to solve.

If it would be useful to run on a regular basis they have ways to automate
that, just ask on the cc'd mailing list. (also future runs will be fast
because it only has to scan things that have changed)

Also while searching I found this LKML thread

  http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linux/kernel/1794869

that might be a good lightweight way to automate scanning just for the FSF
address issue.

--
Matt Taggart
matt at lackof.org