[coreboot] i945: AHCI timeout with Crucial m4 SSD 2.5 in SeaBIOS on cold boot

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Sep 20 02:12:23 CEST 2014

Paul Menzel wrote:
> Changelog for 070H:
..
>       * Resolved a power-up timing issue that could result in a drive
>         hang, resulting in an inability to communicate with the host
>         computer.
..
> That last item might even be a fix for the issue we experience,
> so I am curious if you have tried it.

Do I understand correctly that you have a firmware newer than this,
and you can reliably reproduce the problem?

Or if your firmware is older, why don't you try to upgrade and tell
us the results?

Since you are buying hardware components for Windows machines but not
using them as they were designed (with Windows) you will have issues
that manufacturers do not care about.

//Peter