[coreboot] coreboot/filo hangs when enabled all debug option

Chauhan, Himanshu hschauhan at nulltrace.org
Sun Oct 12 13:08:38 CEST 2014

On Sunday, October 12, 2014, Vipin Gahlaut <gailu96 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Wait a minute. I may be wrong in using xgcc as I am building manually (due
> to bug in my earlier thread
> http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2014-October/078735.html)
> instead of using coreboot build environment which contains gcc. Let me try
> to build it with coreboot environment and I will confirm again.
>
> Thanks for your advice.
>

> On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 4:18 PM, Vipin Gahlaut <gailu96 at gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','gailu96 at gmail.com');>> wrote:
>
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> FILO is built with xgcc. Infect if make crossgcc is not done before
>> running make, FILO refuses to build.
>>

>> ===============
>>
>> Check if FILO is built using the reference xgcc toolchain created by
>> 'make crossgcc' and not the toolchain installed by your distribution.
>>
>> It is probably easiest to ensure use of xgcc if you build FILO manually.
>>

>> //Peter
>>

>> ------------------------------
>>

>> On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 3:24 PM, Vipin Gahlaut <gailu96 at gmail.com
>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','gailu96 at gmail.com');>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> If I enable debug_all option in configuration latest coreboot with filo
>>> hangs like below
>>>
>>> FILO version 0.6.0 (vgahlaut at ubuntu) Sun Oct 12 02:47:44 PDT 2014
>>> boot EAX = 0x0
>>> boot EBX = 0x0
>>> boot arg = 0x0
>>> Current location: 0x101000-0x257fb7
>>> Relocating to 0x7e77000-0x7fcdfb7...
>>>
>>> Never proceed from here.

I have seen crashes at same location while running FILO as guest under
Xvisor. Actaully there is a debug("ok"); statement just after your last
print. If you remove this things will be fine. For some reason just after
relocation that debug print crashes. Once this function returns, everything
becomes fine.

-Himanshu

--
Regards,