[coreboot] High demand for CLI payload: Use GRUB 2?
mr.nuke.me at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 00:49:44 CET 2014
On Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:59:21 PM Paul Menzel wrote:
> Do you also know if GRUB 2 does not fulfill one of these requirements?
GRUB2 doesn't meet several requirements that vendors usually have:
* must be crappily coded (ignoring the GNU coding standard here)
* code must be unreadable to the casual trained observer
* must be full of redundancy
* must contain many superfluous functions
* must be hard to get working (vendors want to add value, right?)
* requires Visual Studio to compile
I can't speak for older versions of GRUB2, but 2.02 beta fails to fulfill any
and all of the above requirements.
More information about the coreboot