[coreboot] Try to get Intel Atom based COMe-cXLi2 Kontron board running

Manuel Huber manuel.h87 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 22:03:32 CEST 2014

Thanks for your quick reply :)

- EM100 sounds like a good idea;

It seems to me as if I should wait for the POST card. By reading the
Intel specification of the SCH I got the feeling that issuing a 'beep'
would be quite easy (well - it took me a day to just understand what
Intel tried to say - but that's probably my fault...) as there is a
simple buzzer connected to some transistor on the output pin of the SCH.
Just configuring the Timer and enabling the output... (clock source
seems to be the main clock source...) But that would have been too easy,
I guess...

Toggling some GPIO won't be any easier I suppose...

Unfortunately it has to be an Intel Atom as we try to decrease the boot
time of our current DataLogger:

https://www.tttech.com/products/automotive/testing-tools/data-logging/ttx-datalogger/

I have already been pointed to SageBios, but while project leaders are
deciding where to go it's my task to at least try to get the old system
running - to be able to estimate the effort and what we can expect as
result... I'm pretty sure the Intel Atom board is not the best
starting-point - but there was some hope to at least get some debug
message out of the board as the chipset seems to have been supported at
some point in time...

I'm a little frightened that when I finally get the POST card, it will
not output anything...

Manuel