[coreboot] Lenovo X301 information

Cristian Măgherușan-Stanciu cristi.magherusan at gmail.com
Thu May 30 09:47:28 CEST 2013

Hi George,

The chip is there and it was easy to find it, but it's a less common
package. It is an 8 pin part but wider and closer to the surface than the
SOIC8. I tried the Pomona clip and even if the pins would match after
mounting the clip, it makes no electric contact to it due to the smaller
leads, so Flashrom couldn't detect it.

The next step is to solder some wires and make it writable from outside
using my RaspberryPi external flasher.

The rest of the hardware is quite well supported by coreboot. It is somehow
similar to Roda rk9 (same CPU package, NB and SB) but with the rest of the
chips(EC and company) similar to other Thinkpad laptops, so in theory a
port should not be so hard.

Cristi