[coreboot] New SuperI/O chip support: AMD SC3200

Boszormenyi Zoltan zboszor at pr.hu
Sun May 26 17:26:09 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am working on a Micros WS4 that's built around the AMD SC3200
(the GX1 and companion chip integrated into one silicon) and boots
Windows CE from ROM. I need to turn it into a generic purpose PC,
so I am trying to extend Coreboot to handle it. The SC3200 datasheet is at
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/5433/Amd-Geode-Sc3200.html
Since Coreboot already supports the GX1, I hope it won't take too much time
to support this board.

The attached patches are the first steps to allow hardware discovery on this machine.

The first patch adds mingw32ce support to superiotool:
- direct inb/outb allowed under WinCE without iopl/ioperm
- to handle I/O, sys/io.h is copied from Fedora, slightly modified and
   renamed to mingwce-io.h
- executable suffix support is added to the Makefile
- a script to compile superiotool.exe for WinCE

CONFIG_PCI=yes is also supported with zlib support and I have modified sources
for pciutils-3.1.9 (lspci only) and zlib-1.2.7. Now I can run lspci and superiotool
under Windows CE 4.2 found in the ROM of this machine, superiotool reports
NSC 87360 and the SC3200 on port 0x2e and 0x15c, respectively.

The x86mingw32ce distribution is 0.59.1 from http://cegcc.sourceforge.net/
but it needs an extra symlink libgmp.so.3 -> libgmp.so on my machine,
currently Fedora 19 beta.

The second and third patches add support for the internal SuperI/O chip
built into the AMD SC3200 chip to superiotool and src/superio, respectively.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi