[coreboot] On loongson CPU or MIPS ARCH

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 21:50:16 CEST 2013

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 1:19 AM, Paul Menzel
<paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Could you all please read what Vladimir actually wrote and not put
> something in his mouth!

well, I did. I said i did not want grub2, and the response was, quite simply:
"Could we have a sane discussion about why it's not suitable for this or
that scenario and what would need to be fixed? Not just quasi-fanatical
"I don't want it"."

I don't see my response as either lacking sanity or quasi-fanatical. Do you?

Why is the immediate response to "I don't want it" to assume that i'm
not wanting it for reasons of fanaticism?

> The »something« makes a difference.

OK, a little history here: we have in the past fit a kernel in 512KB
flash. I realize that seems impossible, but it's not. So it makes no
sense to rule it out.

> He just informed Guang, that he needs a payload, which Guang did not
> consider yet. As Vladimir already knows coreboot due to his X201s work
> and dealt with Loongson I find it very nice of him to share his opinion.

Believe it or not, I do understand the need for a payload.

ron