[coreboot] Jenkins: Use a config file with more stuff enabled

Stefan Reinauer stefan.reinauer at coreboot.org
Fri Apr 5 22:59:18 CEST 2013

* Paul Menzel <paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> [130402 12:16]:
> Dear coreboot folks,
>

> for example the patch adding the spkmodem console [1] is currently not
> build tested as it is disabled by default.
>
> Could we put a `.config.jenkins` file into the repository where more
> stuff is enabled so it gets tested too.

Abuild produces a .config template that could append any number of
options we want to test.

> Patrick said something about Linux’ `allyesconfig` option. But this
> would require getting latest Kconfig into coreboot I think.

Not sure what you base your assumptions on.
make allyesconfig has been supported by coreboot for a long time.

However, I identified a number of options that make allyesconfig less
than optimal

CONFIG_ALT_CBFS_LOAD_PAYLOAD: requires chipset support
CONFIG_SCANBUILD_ENABLE: requires scan-build being installed
CONFIG_CCACHE: requires ccache being installed
CONFIG_DYNAMIC_CBMEM: requires chipset support for the option
CONFIG_UPDATE_IMAGE: breaks image compilation on first build
CONFIG_VGA_BIOS: requires a VGA option rom
CONFIG_BOOTSPLASH: requires a bootsplash.jpg
CONFIG_CACHE_ROM: needs chipset support (??)

Also, some options are mutually exclusive, like native / x86emu based
oprom execution.

Stefan