[coreboot] P2B-LS help: Onboard SCSI BIOS failed to boot

Keith Hui buurin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 07:12:00 CET 2011

I am trying (again) to get the Adaptec SCSI on my P2B-LS to initialize
properly with coreboot. But it won't boot.

Attached is a serial log of what happened.

After compiling coreboot I checked out SeaBIOS through git and added
the SCSI option rom extracted from my factory bios. A port and a few
other resources is assigned, but no IRQ. The SCSI option rom would
initialize, I can press the hotkey to enter the utility, but that's
it. That option rom hangs before getting any responses from the SCSI
hardware.

I am trying to set up SerialICE to see what is going on. Just looking
for some insights before I reach that point.

I have to jumper off the SCSI to get it to boot. I don't know if this
has anything to do but the Ultra2 port on my other P2B-LS is fubared
and nothing plugged there would register. Afraid the same may befall
this board too.

Thanks
Keith