[coreboot] P2B-LS help: Onboard SCSI BIOS failed to boot

Idwer Vollering vidwer at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 14:31:43 CET 2011

2011/2/19 Keith Hui <buurin at gmail.com>:
> I am trying (again) to get the Adaptec SCSI on my P2B-LS to initialize
> properly with coreboot. But it won't boot.
>
> Attached is a serial log of what happened.
>
> After compiling coreboot I checked out SeaBIOS through git and added
> the SCSI option rom extracted from my factory bios. A port and a few
> other resources is assigned, but no IRQ. The SCSI option rom would
> initialize, I can press the hotkey to enter the utility, but that's
> it. That option rom hangs before getting any responses from the SCSI
> hardware.

You want to see what happens during execution.
Can you create a separate git tree ( git clone
git://git.seabios.org/seabios.git <dirname_of_choice> ) where you run
"make menuconfig" in, then set CONFIG_DEBUG_LEVEL to 8 (make
menuconfig > debugging > debug level) ? Have a look at the other
options too, maybe.
Add the resulting file (out/bios.bin.elf) as the payload.

> I am trying to set up SerialICE to see what is going on. Just looking
> for some insights before I reach that point.
>
> I have to jumper off the SCSI to get it to boot. I don't know if this
> has anything to do but the Ultra2 port on my other P2B-LS is fubared
> and nothing plugged there would register. Afraid the same may befall
> this board too.

I have an unused dawicontrol dc-974 (scsi2 ?) that I should try booting off.