[coreboot] ASUS M4A79XTD EVO

christopher west chris.pn.west at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 20:21:40 CEST 2011

Hello all,

I've finally decided to bite the bullet and seriously look into putting
coreboot on my Asus M4A79XTD EVO as I've getting bored of waiting for
the BIOS to load.

Buy my initial reckoning it looks as if everything is supported except
the superio device. Could someone please confirm this as the
specifications are as follows:

   Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor, northbridge: RD790X
   Southbridge: SB750
   SuperIO: IT8720F
   Rom Chip: Winbond W25x80

If I'm missing anything or you need more raw output please let me know.

If my initial assumption is true then what could I do to support the
superio as I'm not adverse to getting my hands dirty as I'm trying to
get into embedded software and hardware design.

Many thanks,
Chris