[coreboot] ASUS M488t-m

Scott Duplichan scott at notabs.org
Fri Apr 15 01:50:27 CEST 2011

Dave Houston wrote:

]Afternoon all,
]
]I have an ASUS M488t-m which is very close to m4a785-m. I am currently making
]sure that I have a method to reflash should my build is bad ( which it most
]likely will be ) and I have been doing some digging regarding my Flash chip.
]The data sheet suggests that the current chip is 16Mb
]http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/272751/EON/EN25F16.html.

I have a board with the same flash chip and use DediProg SF100 for programming.
I use a clip similar to this to connect it to the DediProg:
http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts-kws/8-pin-ic-dil-clip

]High resolution of mainboard: http://media.ldlc.com/ld/products/00/00/77/92/LD0000779214_2.jpg
]
]I have included all relevant output below. Is there any gotchas I should be
]aware of and is there a good flashing solution (I'm not adverse to buying a
]hardware solution ) ?

As long as you can easily program the flash and also connect the serial port
for logging then progress is possible. I think you have to supply the serial
port cable that connects to the motherboard com1 header.

Thanks,
Scott

]Many thanks
]