[coreboot] how to prevent legacy resource conflict with multiple VGA cards

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Oct 29 07:17:19 CEST 2010

On 29.10.2010 06:44, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Scott Duplichan wrote:
>
>> There must be a pretty basic problem remaining because the driver
>> fails after a few seconds. Win7 reports that a kernel mode thread
>> has spent too long in the ATI driver code.
>>

> I guess that the watchdog is those few seconds. Does graphics work
> during that time?
>
> Could you use windbg to get more details, in particular find out what
> the ATI driver was trying to do?

A few shots in the dark, maybe they help.
Is it possible that the failure reason is totally unrelated to graphics?
Maybe the ATI driver uses a timer which is set up differently under
coreboot? Or it is waiting for an hardcoded interrupt or some ACPI event
which only exists in the reference BIOS? Side note: RS690 ACPI PCI
config space accesses were broken in coreboot because they assumed
MMCONF and MMCONF was disabled before starting the payload last time I
checked. Maybe your issue is related?

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--