[coreboot] RCA IP1150

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Sat May 29 09:16:27 CEST 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Joseph Smith <joe at settoplinux.org> wrote:
> On 05/27/2010 03:00 AM, Gregg Levine wrote:
>>
>> Hello!
>> Joe, just for fun I ran the supported boxes on your website past
>> Amazon and surprisingly enough it found two of them so far.
>>
>> The first one was the original RCA RM4100, and the imagery there
>> confirmed what it was originally programmed to do.
>> There are several available there at the usual inflated prices.
>>
>> The second one was the RCA IP1150. I gave Amazon the full name
>> including the Akimbo service name, according to them the box was
>> originally conceived of being a video on demand player for that
>> service. I've got a strange feeling that the service does not exist
>> anymore.
>>
>> This is what Amazon found http://tinyurl.com/akimbo1150 .
>>
>> I am tempted to buy it, if only for the fun of it.
>>
>> Now the question of the week, is the CoreBoot target for this fellow
>> complete? And its obvious back up, what about TV out for this one,
>> under it? According to your site, for the RM4100 it has been
>> accomplished.
>>
> Hello Gregg,
> The IP1150 has a i854 chipset. Everything else on the board is supported by
> coreboot but the i854. This is my next coreboot port (coming soon). There is
> a good site based on the IP1101, but they have the same board (Thomson
> codename mambux). You can check out the site for more info:
> http://www.mambux.de/
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Joseph Smith
> Set-Top-Linux
> www.settoplinux.org

Hello!
Joe, just for fun I pulled over my current Coreboot collection over to
my Slackware 11.0 system. After some interesting finagling, namely
reconstructing the tree, and some interesting Subversion issues that
aren't relevant here, it arrived.

I also checked to see if I could build your code for producing TV out
on the first target. On Slackware 11.0 it built without comments (no
warnings issued) but on Slackware 12.1 which is what my primary system
is running there were a remarkable load of errors issued, which
resulted in it not being built.

Strangely enough it happened towards the end of the cycle of steps to
build it. I ran the script program to create a text file containing
those events after trying it again. If you want I can send you the
script output directly as I do not believe its relevant to the
Coreboot list.

Now the important question, what distribution do you use for your
work? It might explain why I received those errors.

Incidentally about the box that's the subject of this thread, I am
still making my way through my decision. I'll know more by the end of
the coming week.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com