[coreboot] RCA IP1150

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Thu May 27 22:41:29 CEST 2010

On 05/27/2010 03:00 AM, Gregg Levine wrote:
> Hello!
> Joe, just for fun I ran the supported boxes on your website past
> Amazon and surprisingly enough it found two of them so far.
>
> The first one was the original RCA RM4100, and the imagery there
> confirmed what it was originally programmed to do.
> There are several available there at the usual inflated prices.
>
> The second one was the RCA IP1150. I gave Amazon the full name
> including the Akimbo service name, according to them the box was
> originally conceived of being a video on demand player for that
> service. I've got a strange feeling that the service does not exist
> anymore.
>
> This is what Amazon found http://tinyurl.com/akimbo1150 .
>
> I am tempted to buy it, if only for the fun of it.
>
> Now the question of the week, is the CoreBoot target for this fellow
> complete? And its obvious back up, what about TV out for this one,
> under it? According to your site, for the RM4100 it has been
> accomplished.

Hello Gregg,
The IP1150 has a i854 chipset. Everything else on the board is supported
by coreboot but the i854. This is my next coreboot port (coming soon).
There is a good site based on the IP1101, but they have the same board
(Thomson codename mambux). You can check out the site for more info:
http://www.mambux.de/

--
Thanks,
Joseph Smith