[coreboot] Wyse S10 Information

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Thu May 27 14:23:06 CEST 2010

On Wed, 26 May 2010 18:34:40 +0200, Oliver Schinagl <oliver at schinagl.nl>
wrote:
> Hey all
>
> I took some pictures and re-added the earlier text outputs to create a
> single message with all available information. Maybe someone can put it
> on a wyse/s10 wiki page?
>

> I also tried a Flashrom -E operation; which failed, so currently,
> flashrom can't erase this chip (yet) on the Wyse S10.
>
> I did properly Read and Write the image back and a reboot later all was
> working still :)
>
> Unfortunatly extracting anything useful from the Bios failed:
>
> bios_extract S10_orig.rom
> Using file "S10_orig.rom" (2048kB)
> Error: Unable to detect BIOS Image type.
>
> Strings was interesting enough. I changed the IP, something that might
> seem like a password and hostnames; just in case. So to me a big portion
> of the ICA information is still located in the flashrom; e.g. WyseOS
> definitely resides in the bios area somewhere; I suppose it's an
> option.rom or whatever for them?
>
> 1.0.4
> unknown compression method
> invalid window size
> incorrect header check
> need dictionary
> incorrect data check
> invalid stored block lengths
> invalid block type
> invalid bit length repeat
> too many length or distance symbols
> oversubscribed dynamic bit lengths tree
> incomplete dynamic bit lengths tree
> oversubscribed literal/length tree
> incomplete literal/length tree
> invalid literal/length code
> invalid distance code
>   inflate 1.0.4 Copyright 1995-1996 Mark Adler
> q55q
> 10.10.14.131
> olddomain.local
> ve.nl
> Default ICA
> Default RDP
> wyse-1000
> oldserver01
> administrator
> Dasdfa8
> <snip>
> XpressStart
> 5Reset the SEE Contents to Default Value(Ignore VPD).
> !No boot device present, halting.
> <snip>
> !No boot device present. Halting.
> JCALG1 Compression Library - Copyright (C) 1999,2000 Jeremy Collake
> http://www.collakesoftware.com
> <snip>
> )Keyboard failed to initialize.  Halting.
> <snip>
> $VER4.11.00
> $TIM15:51:11
> $DAT04/23/2006
> $CPR(c) 1999-2003 Copyright National Semiconductor
> $REL-
> $PLTSATURN_CALLISTO
> $USR1.14
> Reserved
> _SYSID_
> _UUID_
> $CFG107^SATURN_CALLISTO^^1.14^ABC

BBBAB^dowser.rom^BAAFA^10000^AAB^0^ABBAACDABBBBBA0DAC^0^^0^^0^^0^BAKEJJABB^0000^00AEIEIEIEI^usb.vsm
> kbd.vsm uart.vsm^^93C46.ASM VPD.ASM
> ITE8761.ASM^A^RTSPXE_M.LOM^DA^uhci_m.rom^CB^ ^00^ ^00^ ^00^ ^00^g^^g^^
> ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^
> ^^ ^

$CFE^5535.asm^5535sio.asm^93C46.asm^itable.asm^ite8761.asm^ns36x.asm^spdi2c.asm^VPD.asm^^
> $CFO
> Maximum number of warnings exceeded.
>
> interesting btw that it menions 5535 here int he ASM bits; where the
> chip really is a 5536. Grepping the strings output for 5536 yields
nothing.

> Anyway, I won't be able to quite easily extract a VSA. Video rom worked
> from my Ubuntu 10.04 USB stick, getting it from /dev/mem; well i think
> it worked, here is what strings thinks of this 32kb file.
>
> K7400
> VIDEO
> IBM VGA Compatible
> 05/06/04051562LGC
> JVGA BIOS - Version 5.30a Copyright (C) 2003-2004 Advanced Micro Devices
> <snip>
>  Advanced Micro Devices Integrated Graphics
>
> VGABIOS Version 5.30
>  GX2VG Version 0.00
>  Memory Size =
> 4 Meg   5 Meg   6 Meg   7 Meg   8 Meg   9 Meg   10 Meg  11 Meg  12 Meg
> 13 Meg  14 Meg  15 Meg  16 Meg
> w-t <
> Advanced Micro Devices
> PCIR"
> VESA
> Elpin Systems VGA BIOS
> GEODE GX2
> Version 5.30
> <snip>
> Larry Coffey
> <snip>
>
> Hoepfully someone can make something usefull from all this :S
> Btw I think the memory size is set from the bios and uses system ram ...

Interesting. My S30 looks nothing like yours. I will try to take some pics
tonight. If you would like a wiki account please contact Stefan. The
original BIOS is made by Insyde Software and looks the same as mine.

--
Thanks,
Joseph Smith