[coreboot] Indtast Bcc Dell Optiplex GX1 support

Anders Jenbo anders at jenbo.dk
Sun May 9 21:33:36 CEST 2010

Serial Cable is only for debug output. USB should work fine.

Start by downloding the source.

  $ svn co svn://coreboot.org/coreboot/trunk coreboot
go to the src/mainboard/tyan folder and copy the folder for the s1846,
it has all the same chips as your board so we will use it to base your
board of.
You should call yor dolder src/mainboard/dell/optiplex_gx1. Edit  src/
mainboard/dell/Kconfig, add 'source "src/mainboard/delloptiplex_gx1/
Kconfig"' abouve the existing source line.
Open the Kconfig in yor board folder and change all the references to
your board.
Run lspci -tvnn and make sure that your devicetree.cb seams to match
it's output.
Open mainboard.c and correct the board name.

and make any other adjustments that you think is needed or would like.
Exit and save, run make. Hopfully it will compile a 256kb rom image.

We also need to know somthing about your rom chip so run flashrom and
post the out put her.

Next I'll try to help you saifly flash your board and posibly improve
the support for your board.

Mvh Anders

Den 09/05/2010 kl. 18.27 skrev Cooper Harrison <coop.rocks.123e at gmail.com