[coreboot] Un-brick a GAM57SLIS4

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Fri Mar 12 05:16:39 CET 2010

Hi Thorsten,

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 12:47:12AM +0100, tho.wie at gmx.de wrote:
> [if this is off-topic here, please feel free to ignore/delete this message]
>
> I accidently flashed my Gigabyte GA-M57-SLI-S4 Rev. 1 with a corrupted BIOS file. The board does not boot anymore, just a black screen, no beeps, simply dead.
>
> I would be glad if I could save the money for a new board so I've got the following question:
>
> If I do the hardware-mod as shown in
> <http://private.vlsi.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/st/> and can obtain a
> programmed flash rom with a valid BIOS inside, would it be possible to
> "reanimate" the board again? Would it be neccessary to remove the original
> Flash-BIOS or can leave it (permanently switched off) on the board?

If you do that modification, you'll have a switch or jumper to toggle between
your 2 chips. If the second one has a good image, this should work.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation - Senior Systems Administrator

Join us in Cambridge for LibrePlanet, March 19th-21st!
http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/LibrePlanet2010