[coreboot] HELP: Porting i830 RAM init to 440BX, now it won't compile

Keith Hui buurin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 17:43:42 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 11:22 AM, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 5:39 AM, Keith Hui <buurin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ramtest.c:6.0: warning: Replacing undefined macro: CONFIG_SSE2 with 0
> > ramtest.c:56.0: warning: Replacing undefined macro: CONFIG_SSE2 with 0
>
> fix this first. You really want your code to be warning-free.
>
> I did a search, and the only reference (ie. this ramtest.c) is elsewhere in
the code - src/lib/. That may be used by something else.

> >                 edosd |= 0x04;  // <<< ABORT!
>
> did you try just edosd = edosd | 4;
>
> just wondering if it's that simple.
>
> I could try tonight. But I used both notations fearing that romcc doesn't
support more obscure constructs, and both work in other places.

> >That's with the clock chip my board uses. Where should this code be
> > placed?
>
> depends on the chip I assume. Very, very early is my bet.
>
> I'm mean where in the source tree should I put it. Southbridge,
mainboard-specific romstage, or northbridge?

> > The vendor BIOS placed the PIIX4E power management device base port at
> > 0xE400, and its SMBus base port at 0xE800. Coreboot has its SMBus base
> port
> > at 0x0F00. If I want to change the base port to match vendor BIOS, where
> > should it be made?
>
> Why? We've never seen a need to match these addresses up.
>
> So that when I disassemble my coreboot image, I can look at it side by side
with vendor BIOS and check that it's doing the right thing.

I also don't know if there's anything else in the 0x0F00 port range.

This may also become an issue when the ACPI tables in vendor BIOS gets
carried over here and actually gets wired up.

Thanks
Keith