[coreboot] unstable AMD Fam10h boot

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Sep 6 22:13:47 CEST 2009

Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> > RAM init working concurrently with multiple memory controllers -
> > they're on PCI, right?
>
> Yes.
>
> But why would it not be completely sufficient to set up all ram
> controllers in the system from the BSP?

The big coreboot SMP win is with ECC scrubbing, right? Does that
involve some PCI config space accesses to the memory controllers?
Is it simpler to create locking for PCI accesses, or to split out
the part of RAM init which sets up MCs into the BSP (as opposed to
keeping the code for each MC running on that same core)?

> I'm saying we're opening a can of worms here, and unless we really
> like to go fishing we should close it again and walk in the dry.

I'm thinking we're already hooked on that tasty fish? (By fish I mean
SMP memory init.)

//Peter