[coreboot] [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: arima hdama problem]]]

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Thu Oct 22 17:35:37 CEST 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 09:16:14AM -0600, Myles Watson wrote:
> > RAM end at 0x00200000 kB
> > Lower RAM end at 0x00200000 kB
> > Ram3
> > Before starting clocks: Before memreset: cpu is pre_c0
> > after first udelay
>
> OK.  So the timer worked for the first udelay...
>
> Does it only freeze when you have both CPUs enabled?  Have you tried it with
> the no_smp patch again?  I'm grasping at straws.

This is starting to sound like all the weirdness I was seeing when working on
the h8dmr fam10 port a few months ago.

Are you sure it hangs? I thought so at first as well, but it turned out that
things were running extremely slowly when compiling with gcc 4.3 (32 bit). If
I waited 5 minutes or so eventually the board would boot.

Can you reproduce a hang when changing CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL ? In my case the
board would just hang if I lowered the default loglevel to something less
than 8.

I never did figure out what was going on there. Ron thought perhaps there was
a cache issue. I put a file in the tree with the issues I ran into

  src/mainboard/supermicro/h8dmr_fam10/README

I haven't been able to revisit yet as that particular box is in production.

What toolchain are you using?

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation - Senior Systems Administrator