[coreboot] FlashROM on VIA EPIA EN12000EG

Sebastian Schuberth sschuberth at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 23:15:36 CEST 2009

>> I think the solution is to just change the string, since the code
>> does what it should.
>
> Yeah, by now I agree that we'll want to use more generic names for the
> board enable (-m) option, e.g. "epia-mxxx" or so.
>
> However, the -L and -z flashrom output of tested/supported boards should
> list the exact names of the tested boards. I have a patch in preparation
> to do that, will send soonish.

So will your patch avoid the need to also mention the EPIA "EN" series
where currently only the "CN" series is mentioned?

> Sebastian, if you have a chance to test whether write/erase works fine
> on your board, please let us know so we can add "VIA EPIA EN12000EG"
> as supported / not supported.
>
> Please only try to erase/write if you have a way to recover (backup chip etc).

I'm sorry, as I have no way to recover I back away from testing write
support, but I can confirm reading seems to work just fine.

PS: Please CC me in replies as I'm not subscribed to the list.

--
Sebastian Schuberth