[coreboot] r3304 - in trunk/util: . inteltool

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Wed May 14 04:06:55 CEST 2008

Joseph Smith wrote:
> The research that I have done for i82801xx(I'm sure Corey & Uwe can back me
> on this) is that most of the register settings for ICH -> ICH5 are the same
> and ICH6 -> ICH9 are a little bit different. inteltool may get a little
> more complicated now that you have the northbridge involved also. I am
> pretty sure the nothbridge registers very dramaticly from chip to chip.
> But, I will give it a shot, and at least get a few more chips added :-)

 From what I could see the older ICHs have PMBASE and GPIOs but no RCBA
for example. This should be fairly easy to handle. It might be safe to
add the PCI IDs from the i82801xx_lpc.c driver. For the in-firmware part
this tends to look different for different steppings of the same chip,
so we need to be careful there. The dumping utility is quite simple as
it doesn't need to know about chipset revision errata.

As long as you don't add the northbridge to the dumping functions, it
will bail out with a message like "this is not supported (yet) on your
northbridge".

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613