[coreboot] some thoughts on dts vs. Kconfig vs. makefiles vs. C code

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 17:10:11 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 8:03 AM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

>  No, not the tree mechanism. I was thinking more a long the lines of
>  another dtc output mode which creates a flat .h file which has no
>  structure, but contains all specially marked dts properties as #define.

go ahead and propose a syntax, I'm very slow in the morning.

>  I hope I clarified this. statictree.c in stage 1 would indeed be a bad idea.

Ah, but would it. Look at the cs5536 startup code -- we don't
parameterize it yet. We need to.

We could do this: if there is a property in a node called "cpp", it is
a list of values in that node that should be emitted as #defines.
The names will be prefixed with the pathname of the dts, so
if we had
cpp = "com1enable";
we get (ugly)
SOUTHBRiDGE_AMD_CS5536_COM1ENABLE