[coreboot] some thoughts on dts vs. Kconfig vs. makefiles vs. C code

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Mar 5 17:03:11 CET 2008

On 05.03.2008 16:53, ron minnich wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 6:51 AM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>
>>  How about a way to mark a dts property "must be available as #define in
>>  stage1"?
>>

> not sure. statictree.c in stage 1? Then we bring in all that mechanism.

No, not the tree mechanism. I was thinking more a long the lines of
another dtc output mode which creates a flat .h file which has no
structure, but contains all specially marked dts properties as #define.

> Think think ... not sure

I hope I clarified this. statictree.c in stage 1 would indeed be a bad idea.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/