[coreboot] v3 patch: fix dtc to correctly parse @x values as hex, not decimal.

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Wed Jul 30 01:53:57 CEST 2008

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> On 29.07.2008 22:10, ron minnich wrote:

>>> Hm. I definitely want to support your idea here then.
>>>
>>> Adding .dts to the filename is about as hard as not doing that. Also, in 2
>>> out of 3 dts files I see struct names.
>>>

> And what about files which are named dts right now? Do we call them
> dts.dts (ugly) or .dts (hidden file)? Stripping a given file suffix in
> dtc before creating the struct name is easy.

Read my initial proposal.

>>> If we'd really autocreate something, we should drop that behavior.
>>>

> struct name autocreation is a feature I really like.

Absolutely. "That behavior" meant mentioning the struct name manually in
the dts files.

>> oh no! it's harder! we blew it!
>>

> I'd like to disagree. I still haven't fully understood the v2 device
> tree, while the v3 device tree seems obvious and simple to me.

On a code level beyound the dts they're 100% the same. Now go compare a
mainboard Config.lb (minus the makefile stuff) to the scattered dts
mentioning struct names for components etc etc. It is really much more
complex than in v2. Yet, it does not have more features.

> v3 has a few perceived problems and a few real problems. The problem is
> that everybody has his own idea about which problems are real. I'm not
> claiming that my version of the story is the absolute truth(tm)

What exactly are you trying to say? What is your version of the story
anyways?

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613