[coreboot] The coreboot hare

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Tue Jul 1 16:29:36 CEST 2008

On 01/07/08 06:18 -0700, ron minnich wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 3:25 AM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
> <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > Veto because no community input was sought during any of the review
> > phases. Sorry.
> > I will continue to use the penguin for all contest entries and the
> > pending magazine articles until we have a design which had community
> > review during the design process.
> >

> ah. well. Speaking as the person who
> o tried for 12 months to get community input on the name and logo, and
> o who then went to a small group in search of input, and
> o who tried to design a voting mechanism and
> o again requested input, and
> o got nothing from anyone!, and
> o who greatly appreciates your contributions to coreboot,
>
> I am very sorry you feel this way!
>
> I have passed this logo by a great many NON-coreboot, NON-computer
> types. They loved it, without exception. That said, we could consider
> community input and a vote and I feel pretty strongly that the new
> logo would win such a vote :-)
>
> We need to make some progress here. I love the new logo, personally,
> but more important, it's time to move on on the name change and logo.
> We tried and failed for one full year to get a new logo. This was the
> best we were able to get. But, I think it's really, really good.
>
> Let's get a decision on this. Do we vote?

I don't think so - this is not a democracy.  The logo is the only
one that has been presented in nearly a year of discussion.  If
there were alternate competing designs, then perhaps we could
have some sort of vote or debate, but this is the only rabbit in
the race (so to speak).

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse