[coreboot] [LinuxBIOS] Intel refactoring and microcode updates

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 15:47:16 CET 2008

Uwe Hermann wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 06:32:02AM +0100, Markus wrote:
>
>> Am Mon, 14 Jan 2008 15:29:51 +0100
>> schrieb Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de>:

>>> Yep, will do.

>>> Anyone here with an E7520 or similar board?
>>>

>>> Uwe.
>>>
>> Only a E7525
>>

> Perfect. Does it run LinuxBIOS/coreboot? If so, does the microcode patch
> work on this box? Any problems or regressions?
>

> Thanks, Uwe.

e75xx are mostly for socket 603/604 xeons. although the patch does add
some new socket 603/604 code, it doesn't remove the old code, nor does
it point any boards to the new stuff. so this patch shouldn't affect him
at all, unless he decides to change it. just from a couple peaks accross
the interwebs, it seems most e7525 boards are socket 604, and that
doesn't build (yet). I'm putting in a request to intel for more info,
i'll update the patch if it helps.

-corey