[LinuxBIOS] INIT detected.

Steve Isaacs yasteve at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 23:12:05 CET 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 13:57 -0700, Marc Jones wrote:

> This could indicate a real problem. It means that the core was
> unexpectedly reset at some point. This is checked in cache_as_ram.inc.
> Look for 	/* check if cpu_init_detected */.

Yes, as it turns out this is a real problem. The southbridge for some
reason unknown to me is sending the INIT message when upstream messages
are enabled. I'm currently working with the chip supplier on that one.

> I have seen unintentional resets caused by AP init and/or CAR and memory
> init issues. You can get into some funny race conditions with AP and BSP
> using the same CAR location but that is just a guess.

This is what I was initially suspecting when I realized the INIT may be
a real problem. The INIT was causing other delays that eventually caused
a timeout on the AP in the fidvid code (previous post). I now realize
(just a short while ago) that with fidvid I've been chasing a symptom,
not another problem.

Thanks,

Steve