[coreboot] [RFC] Here we go... the SLOF biosemu for coreboot-v3

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 19:36:09 CET 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 9:17 AM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

> There might be a considerable size increase if we take into account that
> our x86emu has been optimized for size by Ollie Lho.

sure, but, ultimately
- correctness trumps size
- to be frank, the ultimate utility of any emulator in v3 is an open
question. I'm willing to let this one in for now as people seem to
want it. Long term, however, we've decided on x86 to let seabios
handle the vga task. I also think, long term, the SLOF stuff will
similarly migrate to a payoad.

ron