[coreboot] Darwin support

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Thu Dec 4 11:21:01 CET 2008

on 04/12/2008 11:59 Stefan Reinauer said the following:
> Peter Stuge wrote:
>> Stefan Reinauer wrote:
>>
>>> While the above always works in the default case and in the case that
>>> pciutils' PREFIX was just /usr, one might say the right way to do this
>>> is by looking for pciutils on the system, ie with autoconf. But that's
>>> outside of the scope of this patch.
>>>
>> Does the msrtool configure script run well on Darwin?
>>

> Only a very quick test:
>
> ./configure
> -n searching for compiler (gcc cc icc)...
> ./configure: line 28: seq: command not found
>   using  in PATH
> -n searching for install (install ginstall)...
> ./configure: line 28: seq: command not found
>   using  in PATH
>
> configured using the following settings:
>
> VERSION=3766
> CC=
> CFLAGS= -Os -Wall -Werror
> LDFLAGS=
> INSTALL=
> PREFIX=/usr/local
>
> -n creating Makefile...
>   done

I tried it on FreeBSD with the following tweaks: replace seq with gseq
and explicitly use /usr/local/bin/bash to execute configure (it's not in
POSIX shell syntax):

$ bash ./configure
searching for compiler (gcc cc icc)...  using /usr/bin/gcc in PATH
searching for install (install ginstall)...  using /usr/bin/install in PATH
finding CFLAGS for libpci (from pciutils)...  using:  -Os -Wall -Werror
-I/usr/local/include
finding LDFLAGS for libpci (from pciutils)...  using:  -L/usr/local/lib
-lpci -lz

configured using the following settings:

VERSION=3770M
CC=gcc
CFLAGS= -Os -Wall -Werror -I/usr/local/include
LDFLAGS= -L/usr/local/lib -lpci -lz
INSTALL=install
PREFIX=/usr/local

creating Makefile...  done