[coreboot] Free chips, not required by me, and a question

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Tue Dec 2 12:03:33 CET 2008

> I've tried to create a marketing language -> chip type mapping below:
> - FWH -> FWH
> - Firmware Hub -> FWH
> - LPC Firmware -> FWH
> - Firmware Memory -> FWH
> - Low Pin Count (if Firmware/FWH is not mentioned) -> LPC
> - LPC (if Firmware is not mentioned) -> LPC
>
> SST data sheets have the following conventions:
> "LPC Memory Read" -> LPC
> "Firmware Memory Read" -> FWH
> If both are mentioned, the chip supports both.

This is great info Carl-Daniel. Is it listed on the Wiki somewhere? If not
it should be. I always thought we should have a little bit of technical
info in our flashrom "Supported devices" table. A column with the chips
package size (PLCC32, DIP24, etc) and a column with what type the chip is
(ex. FWH, LPC, SPI, etc). This would make it a great reference point for
people looking for a replacement chip, or larger compatable chip. Do you
agree?

--
Thanks,
Joseph Smith