[coreboot] unknown board - via chipset

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Apr 11 00:32:13 CEST 2008

Hi Antoine,

On 10.04.2008 18:23, Antoine Martin wrote:
> I've got this board I would like to get coreboot flashed on:
> *eBox-3850
> **http://www.icoptech.com/ebox-pc/*
>
> 1) CPU is a via C3 Nemehia
> Northbridge is a VT8623
> Southbridge is a VT82xxxxx?
> [...]
> The box cannot be opened easily as the cpu is glued on to the case...
> Which is why I would rather make sure it is possible to flash before I
> start damaging the box.

Please do not try to flash any BIOS or firmware on a board you can't
access physically. That also applies if you can't open the box.
Flashing can go wrong and if you're porting coreboot to a new board, the
first image you flash is very likely not to boot far enough to reflash
the BIOS chip, so you have to open the case and remove the flash chip
anyway. If that is not possible, the machine is bricked.

> I've dumped the 256MB bios using the 'flashrom' utility.
>
> 5) URL:
> **http://www.icoptech.com/ebox-pc/files/1EBOXPS_s.pdf

Regards,
Carl-Daniel