[LinuxBIOS] Call for help: superiotool

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 18:21:12 CEST 2007

On 9/23/07, Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> wrote:
> To make the tool more useful we need
>
>  - As many supported Super I/Os as possible.
>
>    Supporting new ones is relatively easy, but a bit time-consuming.
>    You have to grab the datasheet, find out the ID/version of the
>    Super I/O and add it in the respective file (ite.c for ITE Super I/Os,
>    for example). For the dump functionality you have to add a (large) table
>    with all registers and their defaults.

Okay -- I grabbed the code from SVN, compiled it and ran it on a few
computers, but I didn't get any useful output (verbose mode was also
pretty sparse).  I assume that this means that my Super I/O chips are
not supported, correct?

I did some digging online, but I wasn't very successful in finding
datasheets for Super I/Os.  If someone could point me in the right
direction, I could take a few datasheets and covert them into the
appropriate tables.  Although it would be nifty to add support for
whatever chips are on my motherboards, I'm happy to work on whatever
Super I/Os datasheets are available right now.