[LinuxBIOS] Call for help: superiotool

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Sep 27 18:33:02 CEST 2007

On 27.09.2007 18:21, Robinson Tryon wrote:
> On 9/23/07, Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> wrote:
>> To make the tool more useful we need
>>
>>  - As many supported Super I/Os as possible.
>>
>>    Supporting new ones is relatively easy, but a bit time-consuming.
>>    You have to grab the datasheet, find out the ID/version of the
>>    Super I/O and add it in the respective file (ite.c for ITE Super I/Os,
>>    for example). For the dump functionality you have to add a (large) table
>>    with all registers and their defaults.
>
> Okay -- I grabbed the code from SVN, compiled it and ran it on a few
> computers, but I didn't get any useful output (verbose mode was also
> pretty sparse).  I assume that this means that my Super I/O chips are
> not supported, correct?

Not supported by superiotool, however if there was any output at all,
we'd like to know it. That alone would probably help us identify the
Super I/O, and from there, adding support is rather easy.

> I did some digging online, but I wasn't very successful in finding
> datasheets for Super I/Os.  If someone could point me in the right
> direction, I could take a few datasheets and covert them into the
> appropriate tables.  Although it would be nifty to add support for
> whatever chips are on my motherboards, I'm happy to work on whatever
> Super I/Os datasheets are available right now.

I can send dozens of ITE data sheets (even for now unavailable chips)
your way.

What's the vendor of your Super I/O?

Carl-Daniel