[LinuxBIOS] ADLO on a real machine

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Fri Sep 14 23:23:07 CEST 2007

Myles Watson wrote:
> With some fiddling I booted into the Windows install CD and installed
> Windows XP on a hard drive.  It took fiddling because the BIOS is so old
> that it doesn't conform to the ATA-3 specifications.
>
> I haven't been able to boot using a hard drive from ADLO yet because it
> doesn't recognize my hard drives (same age related problems of the Bochs
> BIOS.)
>
> I've looked at porting the FILO drivers into the Bochs BIOS, but it doesn't
> appear trivial.
>
> Any questions, suggestions, or comments besides "Why would you want to do
> this?"

Hmm. First off, this is pretty cool. Which version of Windows? :-)

Does your hard disk controller have an option rom? P-ATA? S-ATA? SCSI?

It might make sense to have the controller's option rom executed by ADLO
so it can install an int13 hook.

Have you been able to use FILO?

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613