[LinuxBIOS] ADLO on a real machine

Myles Watson myles at pel.cs.byu.edu
Fri Sep 14 21:54:00 CEST 2007

With some fiddling I booted into the Windows install CD and installed
Windows XP on a hard drive.  It took fiddling because the BIOS is so old
that it doesn't conform to the ATA-3 specifications.

I haven't been able to boot using a hard drive from ADLO yet because it
doesn't recognize my hard drives (same age related problems of the Bochs
BIOS.)

I've looked at porting the FILO drivers into the Bochs BIOS, but it doesn't
appear trivial.

Any questions, suggestions, or comments besides "Why would you want to do
this?"

Thanks,
Myles