[LinuxBIOS] help from ubuntu and FC6 experts

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Jan 23 21:32:22 CET 2007

> The fix is to add -fno-stack-protector into the CFLAGS.  I'm currently
> doing it manually.  What we need to know is how to detect when its
> active.

You don't have to detect when it's active; you can just always
disable it -- well that is, you first have to check if your GCC
version supports it at all, it will bail on the command line flag
otherwise.

If you really want to see what flags are active, compile a (dummy)
file to an assembler file using -fverbose-asm, and it will tell you.

Segher